Kate Alexis Loves' Instagram

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Meghan Byrnes is the BEES KNEES

I met Meghan Byrnes the summer after my freshman year of college. She went to high school with my friend, Jenny that I had met at CSF. I liked a guy friend of Jenny's so that summer (and after) I was thrown in with all of her friends from high school b/c I spent a lot of time in Delaware. I haven't seen Meghan in years but we've come together again through facebook, and now etsy and our mutual love for art, beauty and LOVE.

She's married and lives with her love in a small town in Massachusetts near Harvard. She enjoys nature, art, animals, moss, stars, fabulous shoes and wonderful vintage clothing and jewelry, which she sells on etsy and I can't seem to stop buying... the jewelry. I bought this necklace from her recently and plan to wear it with the shoes also in the picture.
When she sends me what I order she always does something unique, this last time she wrote to me on vintage class photos, which is something that I love about old pictures lost or now irrelevant, to see how they can be used creatively and loved again in some small way.  Nothing is forever.



Meghan is also an illustrator, and loves working in photoshop.  She takes amazing photos and posts them on the internet:
I made Meghan a pair of earrings specifically designed for her personality.  She is going to shoot a picture wearing them for me one of these days when she isn't super busy.  Hopefully one day we can collaborate together directly.  That would be the ULTIMATE Bees Knees.




Meghan's Etsy Store: Story Book Vintage

Meghan's Old Blog

No comments: